Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm new to makeup and I'm wondering if concealer is only for use to cover dark circles under your eyes

Like, I don't really want to start using foundation because I think my skin isn't all that bad, but on my forehead I have a lot of hyperpigmentation that I really want to cover up. So I 'm wondering if there is a type of concealer you can use for that area and if your in the store how do you test to see if you have the right color? I heard that you're not supposed to dab some on your arm because your arm and face have different skin tones but I might be wrongI'm new to makeup and I'm wondering if concealer is only for use to cover dark circles under your eyes
Concealer can be used for anything! I use it under my eyes and when I get a zit and to cover up some scarring I have.





Since you're new to makeup I would go to like Macy's, Nordstrom, or Sephora (located at your local mall) and go to their makeup counter and tell them that you never wear makeup and need help with finding the right shade to wear. That is what I did when I first started out, and they helped me alot! I still go to the makeup counters and ask for help with shades. I recently bought Mineral Makeup and had NO clue what shade I was for the concealer and the lady at Sephora just looked at me after I asked and immediatly picked out a color. I bought it home and it was perfect! These people know what they are doing LOL





As for tinted moisturizer .. its basically what it says : a moisturizer with a tint. It moisturizes with medium-little coverage. Here is a site with Tinted Moisturizer FAQ: http://www.ineed2know.org/TintedMoisturi鈥?/a>





I use tinted moisturizer during the summer to give my face a little 'glow''. I usually just shop around to buy the cheapest one, LOL They all basically are good. I suggest trying Walgreens ( http://www.walgreens.com ) or CVS ( http://www.CVS.com ) to look for tinted moisturizers.








Hope that helped!I'm new to makeup and I'm wondering if concealer is only for use to cover dark circles under your eyes
Some girl about an hour ago, got good comments for that product to cover a hickeyon her neck.
I usually use concealer to cover up any pimples or complexion imperfections (rarely for dark circles under eyes), and light powder on top. I never use foundation, I think natural is beautiful...
A concealer can be used to cover any skin imperfections. However, if you aren't going to blend a foundation underneath the concealer, you should be sure to blend the concealer really well so your skin doesn't look pale in some areas and dark in others. When testing colors, use the backside of your right hand. You should also use a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than your foundation color. If have trouble finding a shade you like, try neutral shades. They are more likely to match most skin tones.
concelear covers dark circles pimple and blimish


on the forehead use foundation


and then a light powder


1st moisturize moisturize moisturize!
Talk to the ladies at the makeup counter. You can certainly use concealer for all kinds of blemishes, so there's no reason they couldn't help you with this.
you should rub in on the back of your hand to check for the right tone.





A great foundation (that you can use in certain spots/ not all over your face) is Cover Girl TruBlend Whipped foundation. It isn't greasy, it's light and goes on very smooth. I love it! I have been wearing it for a LONG time. I also use Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation. It's a powder compact but It isn't like most powder. It is a bit thicker and stays on nicely. I would try those two things and see what you think. They are around $8 a piece I believe.





If you would prefer to stick with the concealer, that's fine too. You can use it wherever you need it. If you need it on your forehead, it's OK to use it there. Good luck! Remember less is more! Your makeup should enhance your beauty, not cover it up :)
You might want to try Physians Formula. They have colors for Light, Medium, and Dark. Their bronzers are nice and they DO carry a concealer that looks like a lipstick. You could try their powders instead of liquid makeup. Check them out.
Tips for applying Concealer


http://geethabeautytips.blogspot.com/200鈥?/a>
Ack. I use concealer everywhere on my face to hide a few dots or so... So it's not necessary only for eye circles.





Below are two links which can help you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment