Saturday, July 24, 2010

What kind of concealer can I use to cover dark circles under my eyes?

I have really dark circles under my eyes :(


I wanted to buy the yellow Physicians Formula liquid concealer to put under it... would that help?


Also, another question: What kind of powder woudl you suggest for me to use... I have a kind of uneven-fair skin tone from acne and such, but it's getting better.


Does L'Oreal True Match Super Powder work well? Has anyone use it? x)


%26gt; If you don't reccomend these products, what WOULD you reccomend?





Hehe, sorry, that was long. 10 POINTS TO BEST ANSWER, who answers all :DWhat kind of concealer can I use to cover dark circles under my eyes?
get a dry conciler that is a shade or so lighter than your skin tone. take a little bit and just rub it under your eyes.What kind of concealer can I use to cover dark circles under my eyes?
Use a concealer about one shade darker than the rest of your face. A yellow concealer would work, but you need to add something skin-toned on top.





Try Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. I use it and I love it, it keeps my shine-free all day. Also use concealer over any uneven spots (I love Benefit's Boi-ing). You can consider a primer too, to help keep your makeup all day. I use CARGO blu ray High Definition Mattifier, it makes my skin silky smooth. All these can be bought at Sephora.





I haven't tried the L'Oreal stuff, I'd strongly recommend what I mentioned above- yes, it's a tad pricey, but so worth it, I'd buy it all over again.
The best concealer I have ever tried, hands down was from a company called ';Colortration'; (http://colortration.com/) whats great is that you can order a sample pack for like $15 and it comes with different colors so you can either mix or find the best color for you. They are highly pigmented so a very little goes a long way.





I have other makeup artist friends who swear by this concealer.





As far as powder, it sounds like you need a powder foundation. I have always liked Lancome's Dual Matte because you can use it dry for medium coverage or with a wet sponge for full coverage. Good luck!
OK! For dark circles, try to get 8 hours a night sleep. Drink plenty of water. You can apply cold compresses. That stuff will help to make the circles lighter. As far as concealer goes, my mom uses that and she loves it. Make sure that you use the concealer on the inner corners of your eyes. People tend to forget that spot.


For powder, I have similar skin tone and I like Lancome's Dual Finish in Matte Porcelaine D茅licate. Bonus: you can use this stuff as a foundation as well. I also like Hard Candy's Complexion Perfection Powder in Sugar Cookie. Right now, all Hard Candy stuff is 50% off. I don't know about the L'Oreal stuff, I am not a big fan of their products.


Hope this is helpful!
This may seem a little odd at first, but a good way to cover them is with matte orange lipstick. (Crazy sounding I know.) Here is a youtube video I found the other day that shows you.. it really does work well!





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkOYBiy1n鈥?/a>





Not sure about the Physicians Formula concealer or the L'Oreal True Match stuff (never used them o.O) but for you question about powder, I would use something with minerals and SPF in them, but make sure you to use a really light moisturizer first.
PF is also good. I highly recommend Bare Escentuals. I also have acne scars and uneven skin tone. BE covers all the imperfections of my skin and still looks natural.I tried True Match..I ended up getting blemishes and clogged my pores.
Good luck with that I have dark circles allso I've used every kind and nothing really works as good as I would like
use a cream concealer stick.





or use plain cool tea bags over eyes at night. then the puffiness should go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment