Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Why do I get tiny little bumps when applying concealer under my eyes?

I suffer from dark circles and bags under my eyes, and no matter what i do, they just won't go (I'm 15 by the way), so I have to put concealer under my eyes everyday to look the least bit presentable.





Problem is, every time after I've put it on, I notice really small bumps in the inner corners under my eyes. Is this normal? Do I have to moisturise with an eye cream, drink more water or what?





Also, if you have any tips that actually work on getting rid of bags and/or dark circles, PLEASE tell me!!! I put ice cubes (made from chamomile and mint tea) under my eyes every morning for the past 4 months, and no difference. I've tried warm and cold tea bags, cucumbers, potatoes, ice-cubes, eye masks, spoons, olive oil... I can't think of any more, but i know they just won't go away. Sometimes the blueish tinge has lessened, but the bags are always there and they make me look like a hag. I get enough sleep, drink a fair amount of water, but I think I've had them since I started school last September (I was home-schooled before then), so maybe it has something to do with stress or something. But I don't really feel stressed, so I'm stumped!!





Any help or advice, and I'm really happy!!! Also, in Boots i tried out two different shades of Maybelline's Cover Stick Corrector Concealer (Fair and Medium), where the fair was more salmon and the medium more sandy/yellow. I've heard that both of these colours eliminate dark circles, but which gives better results?





Sorry about all these questions :S Cheers XxxWhy do I get tiny little bumps when applying concealer under my eyes?
You should try moisturising every night and morning under you eyes, because usually the bumps are telling you that the skin around your eyes is a bit dry. Also sleep at LEAST 8 hours a night, and drink as much water as possible.





To balance the dark rings, avoid blue or green based concealers, stick to orange bases, so eith of the Maybelline ones should be quite good.





It is possible that the bags are there because you are too rough with the skin in that area. When putting on concealer/moisturiser/foundation/ taking off make-up pat gently with your ring finger, do not drag or rub the skin around your eyes because it is very sensitive.





Good products:





Origins No Puffery is pretty good, and maybe you could try the Garnier Eye Roll-on.








There are many products out there, perhaps go into Boots with your mum and ask for help.





Also, drinking green tea is meant to help. It gets rid of all the toxins etc. and can lessen puffiness and colour. If you don't like green tea there is this stuff which I tried for my skin and it has helped clear up my blemishes:





Anti-Oxidant Water Booster by DR BRANDT


http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/skincar鈥?/a>





you add a drop to your water, and it contains the same amount of antioxidants as 15 cups of green tea. I think it comes in three flavours. You can get it from SpaceNK or online.





Well, good luck with finding a solution. ;)Why do I get tiny little bumps when applying concealer under my eyes?
Me too and I don't know why either!


What I do know is that when I moisturise with eye cream, the concealer seems to have a more concealing effect!


The best make-up to cover it is Maxfactor. I use pastelle and then I have a very light powder to dab on just under the eyes.


My eyes have been dark since I was about 8 and now I am 31 and they've never got any better. I think make-up and moisturise!! x
hey





do you only get it after you put on your concealer?





if you notice it when you're not wearing make up i think i had the same problem. i used to put my face cream just below my eyes and i was told that i shouldn't do that (sorry i can't remember why) but i took my friend's advice and bought a moisturizing eye cream and the bumps went away after 2 weeks or so





i think they might be called milia? not sure. probably want to check it out or maybe talk to a dermatologist
Those little skin colored bumps? REEAALLLY teensy?


I get those, too. Well, I have them. I think they were already there.





Get an eyebrightener and then put on your concealer. Really, I don't know much about drugstore brands like what carries what, but I'm sure you could find some by Physicians Formula or L'oreal or Revlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment